Adaptive Movement Strategies is a training system inspired by Fighting Monkey practice.
About Fighting Monkey: FM practice is developed by founders Jozef Frucek and Linda Kapetanea through a deep study of cross motion analysis, and with the aim of understanding principles of human movement, communication and the ageing process.
It’s a set of tools that can help us:
1/ Better cope with unpredictable environments
2/ Update our motor control strategies and support longevity
3/ Expand movement repertoire
4/ Create new learning strategies
1/ Movement Scenarios – partner games simulating unpredictability of life allowing us to test how universally valid is our movement.
2/ Local/Global Topography – practices that provide us with internal feedback and possibility to correct movement strategies – supporting longevity and reducing cost of movement.
3/ Fantastic Worlds – improvisation landscapes that expand movement repertoire while allowing you to make your own discoveries.
– Beginners looking for a way to enter their movement journey
– Movement enthusiasts looking for tools that will expand their movement repertoire
– Personal trainers and physiotherapists that seek creative solutions for their clients
– Dancers, grapplers and other athletes that wish to counterweight demands of their disciplines
– Those that seek autonomy in learning, rehabilitation and development
What to expect?
– 11 hours of deep practice
– Lecture on principles and science behind the practice
– PDF with map of practical material from the workshop
Location and time
Wiktorska 30/32, Warsaw, Poland
Saturday and Sunday 10-13/15-18